Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Letter Wall Art


I've been working on my daughter's bedroom decorations for a while now as I'm trying to create a nice, pretty space that she can feel totally comfortable in. As she is quite a girly girl, the focus is on cute features but I also want the decorations to be personal to her so I created this Letter Wall Art featuring the first letter of her name.

Time taken: 1-2 hours including drying time

What you need:
Cardboard
Fabric
Textile glue
Paint & brushes
Canvas
Pencil
Ruler
Scissors
Hot glue gun


What to do:

Begin by painting your canvas with a really pretty colour. Like I said earlier, my daughter is very girly so it's no surprise that I decided to paint this in her favorite colour, pink. Then place it to one side to dry and you can get started on creating the letter decoration.


I used the box from a frozen pizza for the cardboard (recycling idea!) and drew the letter 'A' on it using a pencil and ruler. Once happy with the size and everything, I cut out the letter.


Next I got some sparkly fabric that I've had lying around for ages and cut a square from it that was large enough to cover the cardboard letter.

 
I then adhered the fabric to the letter with glue (I used normal mod podge.. big mistake, I should have used textile glue. Oh well, will know for next time!).


Once the fabric is properly attached to the cardboard letter and it's all dry, then it's time to stick the letter to the canvas. I used my trusty hot glue gun which made light work of sticking the letter down.

Now you just have to find a nice place to hang your little piece of personalised decoration. I know just the spot for this one. Bye for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment