Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Easy Patterned Triangle Art DIY


Since I painted my art room completely white I've been trying to inject some colour into it by creating colourful pieces of artwork. One of the projects I have recently completed is this easy patterned triangle art that I framed to add to my gallery wall (which is far from finished but getting there). It was the first time that I've tried my hand at this sort of pattern and I think that it turned out pretty well.


Time: 20-30 minutes
Supplies: Patterned paper, Scissors, Glue, Photo frame and A4 paper


The first thing I did was get a book of patterned paper that I'd picked up a while ago from a hobby store. These are inexpensive and great for  projects like this as they provide many different tear-out pattern and colour combinations in one handy little book. I chose to combine five designs and cut them into triangles, then I played around for a bit to see what kind of pattern I could make out of them and laid them onto an A4 piece of paper to see how they'd look. The A4 paper was actually just the picture that came in the frame and I picked up the frame for about a euro at Action.


Once I had made up my mind on how it should look, I glued the pieces into place. To finish; I cut up another A4 piece of paper and used it to make a border for my artwork and then all that was left to do was to insert it into the frame.


Like I said 'easy' and it doesn't take very long either so it is great as a weekend project or whenever you have a spare bit of time.

Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment